Saturday, May 10, 2008

Maybe next month

Okay. It has become obvious that I will have to wait on the avoiding sugar thing for a bit. Apparently I do not have the inner strength to do this at this time.

Yesterday we planted Spinach, Swiss Chard and Lettuce in our garden!


They were planted in the middle bed of this picture. I have been assured it is okay to plant these items at this time of year. I can't help but be concerned though, because we are the only ones (out of 10 community gardeners) who have planted anything.

# 6 is Weed twice a week, but I have not seen any weeds yet!

#58 - Weighed myself on Thursday. Right on goal. 2 out of 143 done.

#78 - Planning on going without computer, TV or Cell phone tomorrow. I don't expect any issues. I will be going to visit my Mother in Barre for the day. Oh! That will give me one out of 11 for #87.

# 54 - Gym - I did not make it to the gym on Thursday or Friday - but I am headed there this morning - so it looks like I will have succeeded in moving the week from Thur - Wed to Tue - Mon.

#72 - I released 5 books into the wild yesterday on Bookcrossing.com. I love releasing books into the wild! So much fun. I think that my "30" for a goal was too low. When I was handwriting my list I wrote 50 books - but when I posted the list on my blog, I changed it to 30. I am going to change it back to 50.

All in all, the list is looking pretty good today - even considering the avoiding sugar debacle.

4 comments:

kimz said...

Well ya still get an atta-girl from me about the sweets... it's okay you'll get 'em next time. ;)
Woohoo the garden looks great... that's hubby in the pic?
Yeah you can plant that kinda stuff early... it doesn't mind cold. You can plant corn early too... if it's too cold it just wont come up till it gets warmer.
Hmmm... maybe I'll check out your BookCrossing shelf. :P

kimz said...

Oh someone was just blogging about Coraline. Pretty good?

Latharia said...

You're making great progress, and if it makes sense to sideline the no-sugar thing, they, that's a wise choice, too! I can't wait to see pictures of your garden as it develops! Keep releasing books!! :D I'm going through to find more to release, myself!

NathanRyder said...

I really love the idea of growing your own vegetables... I've been trying to persuade my mum to turn part of the garden into a vegetable patch (something is better than nothing, right?) but so far she's not been all that keen on the idea (which is probably fair, I will be moving out in the near future, which would leave her to tend to it)...

I had a good weekend with the list, but am invigilating two exams today, so don't have time to blog! :(