Yesterday was the first "Community Work Day" for my community garden. I have been given a garden site at a local park along with 9 other gardeners. We met at the site to spread and rake in compost and then to mark off our plots.
As I am a brand new gardener - I had to go make some garden tool purchases first thing in the morning. I bought a shovel, a steel rake and a pair of gloves.
After working in the garden, I was amazed at how dirty everything was. It had been raining until about 1 hour before our work began. The dirt had caked onto my shoes (my clogs had been magically changed into platform shoes). I now wish I had taken a picture.
After working, I wrote in my garden journal (#9 - 1 of 21). I love my garden site. I am dreaming of fresh tomatoes!

3 comments:
hehehe about the platform shoes... that would have been a cute pic too... but I love this pic of you and you look so happy!
Good job on your list!
Wow! I hope the garden really flourishes & all of your hard work pays off. Kimz's done some very successful gardening in the past ... she wound up with too much food, in fact!
That's such a cool project to be involved in. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment