Thursday, May 1, 2008

101 Things to do in 1001 Days - The List

My first goal (not on this list) was to get this list completed for May Day! Happily, I succeeded.


Items in italics are done. Items in blue are currently being worked on.

1. Plan garden for 2008
2. Buy seeds
3. Buy seedlings
4. Harden seedlings
5. Plant an organic garden
6. Weed as needed during the summer
7. Maintain garden throughout the summer
8. Eat ONLY local foods for at least 4 weeks (consecutive or not)
9. Write in garden journal 21 times 2/21
10. Avoid sugar for one month 0/30
11. Every day in September, eat 80% local foods 0/90
12. Eat 5+ servings of fruit and vegetables daily for 42 consecutive days 0/42
13. Visit Jericho Settler's Farm
14. Try a new food
15. Attend a Vermont Fresh Network Farmer's Dinner
16. Find a source for raw milk
17. Take another gardening class
18. Get sunflower oil from Butterworks Farm
19. Visit Stony Pond Farm
20. Eat an all local meal (w marco polo exception) at 3 restaurants 2/3
21. Write up info on meals for the Vermont Fresh Network 2/3
22. Make Dad quilt for Mom
23. Make Dad quilt for B
24. Make Dad quilt for B
25. Make Dad quilt for me
26. Make tote for L
27. Make tote for E
28. Make tote for J
29. Make tote for M
30. Make tote for M
31. Make tote for J
32. Make tote for B
33. Make tote for B
34. Make tote for R
35. Make tote for B
36. Make tote for K
37. Make tote for G
38. Make tote for G
39. Make tote for J
40. Make tote for D
41. Finish B quilt
42. Update N's scrapbook
43. Update A's scrapbook
44. Update A's scrapbook
45. Update I's scrapbook
46. Start N's scrapbook
47. Update all scrapbooks yearly 0/3
48. Make Christmas cards one year
49. Update E'sT scrapbook
50. Make appointment for physical
51. Ask Dr. at least 3 questions
52. Get cholesterol tested
53. Get blood sugar tested
54. Continue going to gym 429 times 15/429
55. Commute to work by bike at least 10x in summer 0/30
56. Take another yoga class
57. Practice yoga at home 143 times 1/143
58. Keep weight at or below goal 143 times 3/143
59. Organize Kitchen
60. Organize Bedroom
61. Organize Home Office
62. Organize Bathroom
63. Organize hidden areas
64. Organize Photo Albums and pictures
65. Organize Living Room
66. Organize Holiday Season items
67. Organize travel items
68. File daily (as needed) for 63 consecutive days 0/63
69. Go one week without spending any money
70. Go one month without spending money (except for food and gas)
71. Finish and return books borrowed prior to May 1st, 2008 5/5
72. Release 30 books (bookcrossing.com) 13/30
73. Read 5 books on "to read" list (goodreads.com) 1/5
74. Make and keep date night for 21 consecutive weeks 0/21
75. Do 33 new things with K 1/33
76. Go to the beach this summer
77. Take a class about something I don't know about
78. Take a day off from the computer, TV and Cell phone 33 times 0/33
79. Take a day off of all obligations 2x year 0/6
80. Visit a location I have not been to before
81. Re-read Jane Eyre
82. Re-read Cold Mountain
83. Re-read Time Traveler's Wife
84. Visit family in Syracuse
85. Write letters to nieces & nephew w/return envelope
86. Go to Chicago at least 2 times 1/2
87. Visit Mom at least 1x every 3 months 4/11
88. Write 6 letters to family members 0/6
89. Read 3 books about work topics 1/3
90. Incorporate at least 1 idea generated by book into the work place 0/3
91. Journal the success/failure of the idea 0/3
92. Buy new work clothes 2x year 2/3
93. Plan and work with K to succeed in taking another trip
94. Create a date book system that works for me
95. Play tourist locally and see or do something I have not before
96. Complete 3 SF0 tasks
97. Make someone feel special (do this 21 days in a row - can be different people) 0/21
98. Re-work weekly chore list
99. Find 4 new ways to be more frugal and try them out
100. Decide whether or not to make a second 101 list when this is done
101. Donate 1 hour of volunteer work to a non-profit, and $10 to Community Friends, for each item not completed on this list by 1/26/2011.


Some of the items on my list seem mundane. Some seem like they will push me a little. Most I am looking forward to!

5 comments:

kimz said...

BETHANYYY!! You're HERE!! I'm so excited and I love love love your list! It's awesome and thanks for sharing it. I hope you will share photos of your garden it sounds great. Let me know if you'd like to go out to lunch or something while your in Chicago. :D
So you make quilts and totes and stuff? Sewing things?

Bethany said...

Thank you for the very warm welcome! I would love to go out to lunch or something while I am in Chicago! I have made 2 quilts. I have never made a tote. I do like sewing things, but I don't often schedule the time for myself. I think that is one of the great things about this list! It will push me to do more of some of the things I like.

Latharia said...

This is just AWESOME! Who cares if your items are mundane or not? They're YOURS! :D Lovin' all your projects on your list. Can't wait to see them! Kimz & I are fast friends ... so you'll have to visit BOTH of us if you come out this way! ;) I went to school in Middlebury, and I had relatives that lived in Montpelier, so I'm trying to puzzle out where you live!

NathanRyder said...

I really like your list, thanks for your comments on mine :)

I think that I will re-read Jane Eyre at some point throughout my 101/1001. And I'm really looking forward to signing up for BookCrossing and releasing some books into the wild!

Anonymous said...

Interesting list. Thanks for sharing :-) I'm intrigued by goal 16 (about raw milk). I'm not even sure what is meant by raw milk?! I'd be interetsed to find out.
Good luck with your goals. Cassandra xxx