Monday, June 23, 2008

Back

Okay - enough down time for me! It's back to the list...

I have struggled quite a bit about not doing some of my "daily" or "weekly" or "monthly" items. I think that the added time pressure caused me to rebel against doing them. I need to decide if it is okay for me to change the wording of items on the list after posting it, or if I need to just say that I failed that item... I would love your comments on this!!

Items #1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all completed as my garden is well under way. I have had two green salads from my garden already!

Item #6 - there has not been a need to weed 2x a week yet.

Last weekend I had a fantastic dinner at a restaurant in Waterbury, VT that has a focus on local seasonal food. I had a fantastic pork dinner! And I was able to write it up for the Vermont Fresh Network. (One more down for items 20 and 21).

I had to travel for work a few times over the last few weeks, so I found it necessary to purchase new work clothes (item 92).

4 comments:

Latharia said...

Yay! You're back! I would have to say you'd need to reevaluate each list item to see if it's a stretch or an impossibility. If it's just really hard, then it'll help you grow & I would say don't change it! If it's really just way over your head ... change it!

NathanRyder said...

It is completely OK to change some of your goals, or the wording of them! I've decided to see how I am doing after about nine months or so and decide then whether or not to tweak some of the goals, or exchange them for other challenges.

Good to see you're back :)

Cassandra said...

Hi Bethany,

Well, if you think about it, you're not going to be caught by the 101 things in 1001 days police are you? :-)) Joking aside, I too find the daily & monthly goals harder than the one off ones, but I definitely don't get down about this. After all this is an experiment, isn't it? Just to test our limits a bit & see what we can change for the better in our lives & how quickly.

Best of luck.
Cassandra

kimz said...

WOOT WOOT you're back! I'm sorry you felt discouraged... know how ya feel. ;)