Today I reworked the wording on some of my list. I removed all of the "each week" and made a grand total number of times (took the # of weeks, multiplied it by the number of times each week I was to do the item, and put that total in for the goal total.) This way, even though I did not do these items each week, I still have the potential for reaching these goals.
9) Write in garden journal 1x per week through garden season 2/21
Changed to: Write in garden journal 21 times
54) Continue going to gym at least 3x per week 2/143
Changed to: Continue going to gym 429 times 25/429
57) Practice yoga at home 1x week 1/143
Changed to: Practice yoga at home 143 times 1/143
58) Keep weight at or below goal, weigh weekly 3/145
Changed to: Keep weight at or below goal 143 times 3/143
78) Take a day off from the computer, TV and Cell Phone 1x mo 0/33
Changed to: Take a day off from the computer, TV and Cell Phone 33 times 0/33
Since I did not complete these tasks as originally written, I feel I should be held to 101. Since I still expect to partially finish the items, I will impose 1/2 of 101 on these tasks. So I will donate $25 to Community Friends and donate 2.5 hours of volunteer work to a non-profit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Excellent idea! I think I'll do the same... it makes much more sense, because some weeks we want e.g. to read a lot, other weeks to cook a lot, etc. I find it quite oppressive to do this and that and the other EVERY SINGLE WEEK, so I think I'll follow your example & hopefully that'll help me get on a bit better...
Good luck with your own goals.
I think that I'm going to reword some of my goals...
I think you've found something more manageable... some of mine are no longer accessible... gonna try to do what I can and just pay the 5 bucks. ;)
Good on you for making your list more manageable to achieve. I tried to be really careful as I compiled my list, as I knew I couldn't stick to weekly commitments. All the best with the rest!
Post a Comment