Oh boy - it seems that this is one of the bigger challenges on my list, and it really shouldn't be!! I have gone 40 days without sugar before. :( Here was my downfall this time. I went to visit my good friend who had a baby girl about 3 weeks ago. She made apple crisp. How could I not have the apple crisp that a new Mom made to serve to her guests?? I kinda threw in the towel at that point; Halloween would be within those 30 days if I started again after the first....
I am going to start this again. BUT, I am going to wait until the 10th. I will make it through Halloween! I know I can.
Here are the rules: No white sugar, no food products with white sugar as an ingredient, no high fructose corn syrup, no food products with high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient. I can have honey, maple syrup, fruits, etc.
Latharia - if you feel like joining me, I would LOVE the company!! I am sure it would help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ooh...sounds like an interesting challenge. You started again on Friday? I'll give some thought to it tonight & see if I can swing it. I'll have to look at some of the ingredients in some foods I just bought & see if I can play along! :D I am in awe of you for even trying!
Okay, I looked ... and 3 things I just bought to help me get more FIBER all have some kind of refined sugar. :( So, for right now, I can't play along...but I will be your biggest cheerleader!!!
Almost a month ... how's it coming along?
Sounds like a fantastic (and hard) challenge! Wish I could join you too... I should do something like that myself :-) It definitely would help to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight!
So, how's it going? Are you still on a no-sugar diet?
I feel guilty now for eating so many peanut-butter cups. Did you do it over Halloween?
Gosh, what a huge challenge - one which I would fail at miserably! I'm don't eat a lot of sweet foods, but looooove to bake. In fact, I was just about to use up my old apples and bake an apple slice now, but am wondering whether I should be inspired by you and just leave it? Hmmm, decisions ...
Post a Comment